The comepleted potato box.

Those potatoes sure shot up fast! Just two weeks after adding the third course of slats, it was time to add the last three. After that, I filled the box with some more peat moss, manure and some composted peat moss – a new product I found over the weekend. It was a bit soggy, but I think it will dry out over time.

I also took this opportunity to snip off all the potato flower buds. They are really pretty, white clusters with yellow centers, but I’m not so interested in flowers on these plants – I want them to put all of their energy into making me my 100 pounds of potatoes!

I resisted the urge to peek into one of the lower courses and grab some new potatoes, but I may just have to do that in the coming weeks.